We continue reading through the Gospel of Luke. Here is the February worship schedule:
• February 7, Epiphany 5 - Raising the Widow's Son: Luke 7:11-17
• February 14, The Transfiguration: Luke 9:28-36
• February 17, Ash Wednesday - Jesus Turns to Jerusalem: Luke 9:51-62
• February 21, 1st Sunday in Lent - The Good Samaritan: Luke 10:25-37
• February 24, Midweek Lenten Worship
• February 28, 2nd Sunday in Lent - The Unfruitful Fig Tree: Luke 13:1-9
The season of Lent begins on February 17 with Ash Wednesday. We have not finalized our Ash Wednesday worship plans. Tentative plans at this point are to have an online Facebook Live worship and a short Parking Lot Gathering at which the impositions of Ashes would be available.
Plans for Mid-Week Lenten worship are also still being made. The hope is to use the responses
from the congregation to Pastor Jim’s question of what parts of Christianity should stay and which should go to shape our Mid-Week Lenten worship. (CLICK HERE to read Pastor Jim’s Lenten article.)
At the January Congregation Council meeting, the decision was made to continue with online worship. The Council will reevaluate the situation at a special February 9 meeting. We will continue to stream our worship services on Facebook Live and have them available on our website. We will continue live streaming our worship services even when we move back inside for worship.